Leading International and Cross-Cultural Teams
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
ONLINE COURSES & RESOURCES
Mini-course on cross-cultural customer service in healthcare coming soon
Mini-course on cross-cultural healthcare teams coming soon
Cultural Awareness Scorecards / Checklists for leaders of international and cross-cultural teams
COACHING, TRAINING & ADVICE
Cultural Intelligence Training for Leaders
Intercultural Coaching for staff on international postings or assignments (country-specific)
Intercultural Coaching for onboarding international staff (country-specific)
Cross-Cultural Business Coaching: business essentials (country-specific)
International Diplomacy Coaching: hosting and attending international conferences and delegations
Cultural Diversity and Inclusion Strategies
Culturally inclusive customer service strategies: integrating Cultural Intelligence with service delivery
Customer journey mapping with Cultural Intelligence
M&A Cultural Transition Strategies for companies undergoing international Mergers and Acquisitions
CRAIG SHIM'S EXPERIENCE
Leading International and Culturally Diverse Teams
OUR SIGNATURE LEADERSHIP TRAINING
We are often unaware of the extent to which our personal leadership style (communication, negotiation, relationship-building etc) is culturally-influenced.
Our practices, at times, are likely to be at odds with the preferences and expectations of international and culturally-diverse colleagues.
Unless consciously managed, this can negatively impact on team performance.
This training program builds on your existing leadership and teamwork expertise, with a focus on overcoming cultural barriers to teamwork, communication and trust-building.
Tailored for each government agency and corporate client, Craig is often requested to assist with the following culturally-influenced leadership challenges:
- Cultural expectations and leadership
- Trust and relationship-building
- Cross-cultural communication
- Cultural attitudes and behaviours
- Negotiating and influencing
- Managing difficult conversations
- Decision making
- Managing team performance
COACHING FOR GLOBAL RELOCATIONS
Craig has personally coached over 100 global executives and country managers to support their cultural transition into their new host countries.
These international assignees hark from almost all corners of the globe.
Representing a broad cross-section of MNCs and government organisations, their industries range from healthcare and pharmaceuticals to aviation, finance, accounting, FMCG and mining.
M&A CULTURAL TRANSITION STRATEGIES
Craig collaborates with M&A consultants and organisational change specialists to design practical strategies for uncovering and addressing cross-cultural barriers that often derail the most well-intended organisational change program as part of international M&As.
Here's why Craig's specialist intercultural expertise is typically sought:
- Inherent to international M&As are risks associated with the integration of two corporate cultures. Although establishing a new corporate culture is often an organisational priority during the M&A process, what often gets overlooked is the blending of national cultures.
- If culturally-influenced mindsets around decision-making, relationship-building, influencing etc are overlooked in the M&A process, it could be to the detriment of achieving core business goals.
Culturally-influenced indicators of a troublesome international M&A.
- “Why won’t our teams just talk with each other?”
- “How difficult is it to take more self-initiative at such a crucial time?”
- “We’ve lost the art of having open and honest conversations.”